Discoveries of Broken Symmetries
A short selection of my publications in peer-reviewed journals
- I have co-authored several papers on the search and evental discovery of the Higgs boson. Here are the most important ones so far: Limits, discovery of a Higgs-like boson and the measurement of its Mass and the Spin-Parity.
- Observation of CP Violation In B Decays (BaBar) : First paper in 2001 which I wrote over the 4th of July weekend followed by a precise measurement in 2002 which was Shahram's Ph.D thesis. Established matter-antimatter asymmetry to be a very large (~100%) effect !
- Discovery of the Lambda-b Baryon (ALEPH): First evidence, first lifetime, mass
- Discovery of the Bs Meson (ALEPH): First Evidence, first lifetime, precise mass , golden event Oscillation! Semileptonic Beauty
- Searches for New Quarks and Leptons: Wrote this paper within three months of joining ALEPH ! Was the most sensitive limit for quite a while.